Saturday, 1 July 2017

SOCIAL SCHOLARSHIP


Do you have a burning dream of having university education but have been hindered by lack of financial support/sponsorship and the challenge has been making you emotionally downcast?





Social scholarship is initiated to give you support

You can funding support for your college of education, polytechnic, university education or any technical skill you desire to acquire with just social skill.

How?

The beauty of this world is in human minds and hearts. God created this world out of His own mind and left raw-materials for humanity. He gave humanity the same ability for creativity through the human mind.Everything beautiful on this earth has been created by human mind and human energy to work. Beautiful cities like Paris, Dubai name it, was created by human mind and the human ability to work. Today, the world is a global family because of technology called internet/ICT created by human mind. The mind is the greatest resources given to humanity. The mind has created numerous ideas that make life easy. Imagine airplane, it seemed impossible before 1903 when Orville and Wilbur Wright announced the idea. Many great scientists that time doubted them. But because they were divinely created for that assignment, they proved their critics wrong. Idea changes the world. Idea is an intangible resource. It has the ability to turn things that seem impossible to possible. I am the initiator of social scholarship concept prompted by my painful experience as a young school leaver. I was shaped by that experience to help numerous other young people passing through that ugly experience. my deepest desire is that no youth will  be deprived of higher education in this information age for lack of money.

Here is my story.

I came out of secondary school burning with a desire to proceed to the University for further education.An admission letter came to my house through mail from AnambraState University. But there was no money, not even a dime anywhere in my family for my education sponsorship. My parents was blessed with numerous children, 15 children from a polygamous familyof 2 wives. I remembered how I struggled to scale through secondary school finance-wise and I advised myself. I took a decision to move to town to seek for employment to save money so that I can fund my education by myself since I wanted to further my education without compromise. I left my village for Kano State. I secured a job in a privately owned foam manufacturing company. I started working hard aiming to have savings for my higher education. Another bizarre incident occurred, my Dad died after a brief ill-health. While I was saving peanuts from my meager salary for my education, needs from my mother, my younger siblings who where in secondary schools in the village doing excellently well academically, starting coming.My Mum will call me from time to time with a sober voice for financial support for my siblings’ school needs. She was working hard for their daily feeding.She was always calling me for support for their educational needs because I was the only one working in my family as at that time. I had to start responding to my mother’s need due to the love I have for her and my siblings. I knew my mother as a brave mother who was working so hard to give us the best of education she could afford even while my Dad was still alive. And the academic performance of my sibling was superlative and we were all working in unity burning with the vision to give poverty a death blow out of my family through education. Nelson Mandela said; “Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world”. We wanted a change in my family and it was burning in the heart of everyone of us. I had to start supporting my mother so as to encourage her for all her effort since my Dad was no longer there to give her support.

My little savings started going down. With the advice of a friend of mine, I had to enrollfor part-time studies for diploma programme as I knew that a bird at hand is worth more than30 in the bush.I struggled in the part-time programme because of tight time schedule in my job place. Sometimes I will not be allowed to go for my classes. Eventually, I wasted seven years in that company earning peanut as a young school leaver. I would have graduated from university within that seven years period.Imagine a waste of seven good years from the life of a young intelligent and promising young boy. During this period of seven years, I met numerous young people with similar experiences. They were burning with the zeal to further their education but lack of finance held them down. They had to enter factories to start life and before you knew it they had wasted the better part of their youthful ages. Some within that period, got hooked up with some young girls and young men. And before you knew it they got married by “wanted or unwanted situation” and struggling continues. Many of them dropped their dreams offurtheringtheir education. More so, we live in a country without a social welfare. No workable scholarship system to support brilliant and intelligent youths.Any country without an accessible scholarship system is instigating a monumental waste of human capital and intellectual property. You can imagine the magnitude of intellects wasting in our nation because of unavailability of accessible scholarship system. That is why we have uncountable youths roaming the streets as urchins, motor part touts,drifters, vagabonds and professionally unskilled.

 My experience in the factory birthed a dream which was a strong burden in my heart. I started nurturing a dream to set up a system that can support young people who want to proceed to higher institution with fresh brain after secondary school but lack sponsorship. This dream has been alive in my heart. I have not allowed it to die. Langton Hughes Said; “Hold on to your dream, when dream dies life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly”.This dream has prompted me to found an NGO: MISSIONARY ORGANIZATION FOR CHILD EDUCATION AND TRAINING (MOCET). It has also motivated me to discover through the scripture that supporting young people who has the challenge of education sponsorship is part of my calling- life assignment. Galatians 6:2 was the scripture revealed to me as I discovered Jesus; “Bear one another’s burden and fulfill the law of Christ”. The law of Christ is love.This is our scriptural mandate. MOCET is founded on love. MOCET has initiated a social business idea called social scholarship under her project tagged:
BBF LEADERSHIP ACADEMY.This is designed to have forum for those who pass through the academy. The academy is designed to equip teenagers and youths with the wisdom for destiny fulfillment. Our Leadership forum is a guidance and counseling project centered on promotion of professionalism/Skill acquisition and effective leadership. The initiative was inspired by another scripture that is part of our mandate; “Proverbs 11:14; Where no counsel is, the people fall, but in multitude of counselors, there is safety”You will have a mental shift after our training.You will be nurtured to take your place as a world changer and future leader.We will reveal your potential for leadership to you. You will discover the purpose of the life you have. Your life is not yours, it was a divine gift and there is a reason for that gift called life.

What is social business? Social Business is a new business model around the globe today propounded by an Economist from Bangladesh, named Professor Muhammad Yunus. He bagged His professorship from a university in USA. He defined social business as a business created with the aim of solving societal problem such as poverty, health, education, technology, environment etc. People donate to a social business for business purpose and the profit generated is channeled to social impact.
Social scholarship is created with the same concept for education support for our members in a social alliance. Our social alliance is voluntary membership.All you need to do to be part of this voluntary system that can support your higher education. Join BBF LEADERSHIP FORUM. You will have financial support for your education or any skill acquisition you desire to have.

Register in any of our training centres

“Put up a fight against anything that wants to deprive you the opportunity for higher education in this information age”. -Comrade ArinzeOkwara
                                                                                                                      


TRAINING CENTRE(2)  
Data-Point Microsystems Ltd
65/61 Cardoso Street,
By Church Bus-stop, Orege.
Awodi-ora, Ajegunle,
Lagos.

Enquiry
09053576433, Text only
Facebook: MOCET volunteers
www. mocet.org


Comrade Arinze Okwara 

Initiator

No comments:

Post a Comment